Let me start off by saying I love kids and sometimes I would love to have more. With that being said kids are a lot of work. Remember we are raising adults here. Here are some of the reasons we decided to only have two and why I praise people who have more!
– Giving our kids the attention they need. I don’t ever want my kids to feel left out or feel like I wasn’t there enough for them.
– Might I add kids are expensive. From when their born to when they finally move out hahaha who am I kidding. Eventually I’ll be spoiling the grandkids.
– We want them to play sports. This adds to kids are expensive.
– I want another dog hahahaha I had to add this because I’m dying to have a puppy.
– Nolan is like having two kids in one. Examples below.
Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work. -C.S Lewis
– About two weeks ago I had a stomach bug. Hubby had to come home from work for two days. Not being able to take care of my kids and myself was the worse for me. It reminded me how I wouldn’t like being pregnant again while taking care of two kids ( I get really bad morning sickness when I’m pregnant).
– I am looking forward to when both kids are in school. I want to be able to volunteer in their classrooms and attend any events they have. This is a huge reason for me. Since my mom was a single parent she would often miss events in my childhood.
– I can win family of four tickets without having to buy an extra one. I’m totally kidding! Hahaha
– We want to be able to travel and do fun things with our kids. Like go to Disneyland and water parks.
– I hate being pregnant. Giving birth was the easy part Nolan practically walked out. I just didn’t like being sick and so uncomfortable.
– We would love to adopt! We are waiting for the kids to get a bit older to see what are options are I’m hoping we can give a kid out there a better life one day.
– Let me add that if Nolan would’ve been a girl we would’ve decided to try again for a boy.
I am no means saying you couldn’t do any of the above things with more kids. These are just a couple of reasons that justify our decision.
Sometimes A Good Mom of Two.