Today on my blog I wanted to share my go to salad in the summer. I love having this with carne asada and grilled corn. I hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try!
Things you will need:
-1 box of pasta (I used penne but you can use tri color rotini too)
– 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (sliced)
– 5 small celery sticks or about 2 cups
– 1/2 cup of green onions
– 2 cucumbers ( I ended up only using half of the 2nd one)
– 1 cup of Pepperoni (chopped)
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup of zesty Italian
– 1/2 cup lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons chicken flavor
– 1/2 teaspoon salt (put chicken flavor before salt)
– 1 teaspoon of olive oil ( to cook pasta)
– pinch of salt (to cook pasta)
First add water, olive oil and salt to a pot let it boil then add the box of pasta while that is cooking you can chop everything up.
Second in a big bowl add the cucumbers, celery, cherry tomatoes, green onion and pepperoni.
Once pasta is ready drain and let it cool down I usually add ice so it cools down faster. Then add it to the bowl.
Now you can add the zesty Italian and lemon juice. Go ahead and mix it. Then you can add the Parmesan cheese, chicken flavor and salt.
Remember you can always double everything and make two boxes of pasta. I always like to add some more things at the end if it looks like there’s not enough pepperoni or cherry tomatoes.
I wanted to add some pictures of the kids and Zoe having fun outside. One of the things I love about summer is grilling and making food while the kids have fun in their little pool!
– Sometimes A Good Mom of Two