Most of you don’t know that Amelia has a delay in speech so when internet design zone reach out to me to review their kidoland app I was all for it especially with her starting pre k this year.
Kidoland app is a education app where you can play games, sing along to nursery rhymes, learn ABCs and about animals etc.
I really liked that for Millie it was easier to navigate then most educational apps. For Nolan we would sit down and play with it together.
Millie said her favorite game on here is the chomping monster where you put together items for example fruit and then the monsters get to eat it. She also loves to color and trace letters.
Nolan loved listening to the nursery rhymes. He also learned how to use his finger to add fruits to their specific basket. We’re working on colors with him. So far he says purple and blue.
If you head to their website you can make cute name poems. They even have worksheets for you to print. We have a road trip coming up and I usually like to print some color pages for Amelia and put them in a binder for her to color.
In the end I highly recommend it even if you give it a try for a month. To me personally it’s so much better then letting them watch YouTube videos of who knows what sometimes.
The other day I was telling my husband how I wanted to make an area in our house where the kids can learn and we can read with them. Since Amelia will be starting pre k this year I want to make sure she has an area to learn. So I headed off to savers (thrift store) to find some more books to add to their collection. We found some pretty good books in great condition some of them actually look brand new. I do recommend not to take the kids so you have a chance to look at all the books but since I have no patience (insert eye roll) and rather struggle with Nolan then leave him home with his dad.
Did you know if you donate some used items you get a coupon for 20% off? Good reason to clean your closet out! Kids book are usually $1.29 and there also buy 4 get 1 free. We ended up paying $6 for 7 books (only 6 are pictured since Amelia took hers up stairs) Which I think is a steal! Definitely going to hit up another savers to see what other books I can find.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go” – Dr Seuss
I can’t wait to read these with the kids. I got so excited when I found the rainbow fish book. I feel like this book has been around for ages.
Do you guys have any other places you recommend to find affordable books? Please let me know down in the comments.
Let me start off by saying I love kids and sometimes I would love to have more. With that being said kids are a lot of work. Remember we are raising adults here. Here are some of the reasons we decided to only have two and why I praise people who have more!
– Giving our kids the attention they need. I don’t ever want my kids to feel left out or feel like I wasn’t there enough for them.
– Might I add kids are expensive. From when their born to when they finally move out hahaha who am I kidding. Eventually I’ll be spoiling the grandkids.
– We want them to play sports. This adds to kids are expensive.
– I want another dog hahahaha I had to add this because I’m dying to have a puppy.
– Nolan is like having two kids in one. Examples below.
Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work. -C.S Lewis
– About two weeks ago I had a stomach bug. Hubby had to come home from work for two days. Not being able to take care of my kids and myself was the worse for me. It reminded me how I wouldn’t like being pregnant again while taking care of two kids ( I get really bad morning sickness when I’m pregnant).
– I am looking forward to when both kids are in school. I want to be able to volunteer in their classrooms and attend any events they have. This is a huge reason for me. Since my mom was a single parent she would often miss events in my childhood.
– I can win family of four tickets without having to buy an extra one. I’m totally kidding! Hahaha
– We want to be able to travel and do fun things with our kids. Like go to Disneyland and water parks.
– I hate being pregnant. Giving birth was the easy part Nolan practically walked out. I just didn’t like being sick and so uncomfortable.
– We would love to adopt! We are waiting for the kids to get a bit older to see what are options are I’m hoping we can give a kid out there a better life one day.
– Let me add that if Nolan would’ve been a girl we would’ve decided to try again for a boy.
I am no means saying you couldn’t do any of the above things with more kids. These are just a couple of reasons that justify our decision.
My last day as a mom of one. I remember finding out I was going to get induce that night. So Amelia and I headed off for some girl time. I was nervous and excited all at once. I remember thinking is she going to hate me for having a baby. Later that night we dropped her off at my moms. As we drove away I cried (that ugly Kim Kardashian cry). She wasn’t going to be my only baby anymore.
The next day she met her baby brother. She actually didn’t want to see him at 1st . It took her a little bit to warm up to him. Then she would give him kisses. We finally got to go home. My mom dropped her off and then left. That’s when reality hit. We now have two kids.
Patience is key.
My advice for moms for what to do while your pregnant then when you’ve had the baby.
– Try to involve kids in pregnancy and let them choose something for the baby.
– Talk to them about how they feel about having a brother or sister if their young and can’t really grasp what’s going on try and show them pictures of the ultrasound. Let them know mommy has a baby in her belly.
– take them out get some one on one time with them plan dates with mom and dad. I did this a lot while I was pregnant.
– try to get meals ready since I breastfeed Nolan the 1st six weeks I didn’t move from the same spot I would feed him then he would sleep then change him and feed him again. I was able to put him down for maybe 2 hours out of the day.
– get a wrap or carrier! My ergo was a life saver especially going to the store. (If your breastfeeding learn how to feed while he/she is in it)
– Don’t worry about the house this one is harder for me and still is sometimes spending time with kids is more important then a clean house. ( see below)
– take advantage of nap time. This is were I would play with Millie, take a shower, clean etc.
– kids are going to be jealous. It’s a normal human emotion. Amelia still gets jealous that we get excited when Nolan says or does something new. We also get as excited when Amelia shows us something she drew or made. We like to remind her that she’s a big girl and a big sister! I also love showing her pictures or videos of when she was a baby. To help her remember her time with us.
-my advice to family and friends of the mom respect their wishes ask them what they need instead of saying “let me know if you need anything” most moms wont ask for help I know I didn’t.
Mom life now.
Having two kids isn’t easy I actually couldn’t Imagine having more then two. You will just have bad days and you will have good days. As they both get older I involve them in helping me do things around the house. Sometimes they help me feed the dog , put clothes in the washer and dryer. Last week they helped us make breakfast.
Do my kids fight? Yes they do every day actually. Usually over something so simple. Nolan went threw a phase of bitting Amelia because he would get upset at something she did to him. Some days I separate them I send Amelia to play by herself and let Nolan play by himself downstairs. My advice let them get bored. Let their minds come up with ideas on what to do. They usually play pretend or go outside and run around with Zoe (the dog). My kids love playing with her!
I wasn’t sure if I was going to add this next part or not but it’s apart of me and why not.
I suffer from depression and anxiety. As a mom there were days I wouldn’t do anything we would watch movies and cartoons all day. Days where my husband would have to come home to tell the kids to calm down. There not bad kids but when your mind isn’t in a right state and your anxiety is high because there not listening to you. It’s breaks you down and I would cry. Take it day by day. Wake up and tell yourself okay today is going to be a good day. If it’s not that’s fine take it easy that day and start over the next day. My most anxiety came from trying to get out the house with two kids thinking that the store was going to help. Going to the park in the middle of summer isn’t really an option for us when it’s 110 degrees outside. So find places you can go to like indoor playgrounds, kids museum etc.
Don’t forget to take time for yourself (I need to take my own advice and make more time for me). I started working out every weekday and my mood started to change. When I don’t workout during the week I feel sluggish or moody. Drink a glass of wine and watch a chick flick by yourself. Go to the store by yourself! Ask yourself when was the last time you went grocery shopping by yourself? Not having to worry about screaming kids or them putting everything in the cart. I still have so much more to learn. Both my husband and I do. As they get older were going to deal with different struggles. Patience is key!
Do you know a mom who’s pregnant with her 2nd or thinking about having another? Share this post with her. Hopefully it will help put her mind at ease.
I’m Valerie Barajas, I’m 24 years a wife to an amazing husband (he told me to add that) haha jk. Of course I’m a mother to two beautiful kids! Amelia who just turn 4 and Nolan who is about 18 months. I’m also a dog mom to a 3 year old German Shepherd. My husband says If it were up to me I would have like 10 dogs but I think 3 is good maybe 4 haha okay maybe just one more.
Some say I’m so lucky to be able to stay home with them. I just think my fridge isn’t stocked with enough wine to handle these two all day, but I will say I am very blessed to be able to see them grow into these tiny little humans with attitudes of teenagers. Did I mention I’m a self proclaimed photographer. It started as a hobby then turn into a business. Now I’m just on a break. Who knows when I will get back to it. Hopefully one day.
Since I could remember I’ve always wanted to start a blog but I always talked myself out of it. Since the new year started I thought I would give it a go! I usually like to keep to myself about the struggles of being a wife and a mom but if I can help make one mom laugh or give her hope that everything is going to be okay. Then that’s enough for me.
My hope is to provide good content, silly story’s, maybe some yummy recipes,things I’ve learned along the way, even overcoming personal difficulties and maybe some diy!